We have a variety of Nature Walks planned for the year. These walks are designed to introduce you to the great resources of our two Audubon Sanctuaries, near the towns of Mount Airy and New Market, Maryland. We welcome and encourage the participation of anyone who is interested in exploring and learning more about nature. All of our walks are free, and appropriate for your entire family.
The Nature Walks will be held on the 3rd Saturday of the month, starting at 9:00 AM (unless otherwise noted), and last about two hours. Always be sure to check our Calendar page for the latest details and updates. Please note that walks may be cancelled in case of severe weather conditions and that limited restroom facilities are only available at the ACAS sanctuary, and only during the warmer months.
Scroll through the list below to see what's planned. We've kept a few listings of past walks, so you can view photos and reports that participants submitted, and get a feel for what's in store when YOU come out!
- 01/20/18 ACAS Winter Birds
- 02/17/18 FAAS Winter Wildlife
- 03/17/18 ACAS Signs of Spring
- 04/15/18 FAAS Spring Migrants
- 05/19/18 ACAS Bird Banding Demo (Starts at 8 AM!)
- 06/16/18 FAAS Summer Birds
- 07/21/18 ACAS Birds & Butterflies
- 08/18/18 FAAS Summer Wildlife Walk
- 09/15/18 ACAS Monarch Butterfly Tagging
- 10/20/18FAAS Fall Migration
- 11/17/18ACAS Late Fall Migration
- 12/15/18 - (Holiday Break - no walk scheduled)
ACAS: Audrey Carroll Audubon Sanctuary (view map)
FAAS: Fred Archibald Audubon Sanctuary (view map)
Learn more at: